Wild Side
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeding/ Battling For WS?

+2
dragoneyes
Blaise
6 posters

Go down

Should we have a breeding/battling system?

Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_lcap63%Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_lcap0%Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_lcap13%Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_lcap24%Breeding/ Battling For WS? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Breeding/ Battling For WS? Empty Breeding/ Battling For WS?

Post by Blaise Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm

So, I was exploring My Adopts and came apon tutorials on how to make a breeding and or battling system! I wasn't sure how many people would like this because it would be kind of hard for the artists to do this (oh, and me and Celetar). So, I posted here to see what you guys think! Go ahead and vote in the poll and post here with your 'argument/reasoning'.
Blaise
Blaise

http://formspring.me/BlaiseXD

Back to top Go down

Breeding/ Battling For WS? Empty Re: Breeding/ Battling For WS?

Post by dragoneyes Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:13 am

I'm pretty curious about how the breeding system would work :o
Would the outcome be like one of the parents or would it be us artist to make an offspring with the markings of both the parents like on Aywas?
XD in any case, since we're still relatively few I have no problem for the breeding system.
Also maybe to avoid having too many breeding requests in the future (or starting from now, as it's your preference) we could maybe set a limit? Like I don't know, every 2-3 weeks?
dragoneyes
dragoneyes

http://dragon-nest.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Like Aywas.

Yea, thats what was going to happen if I use This Tutorial but it would be like CS if I use This Tutorial.
Blaise
Blaise

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixen Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 pm

I think we should have both systems, but a breeding one interests be the most. ^^
Vixen
Vixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Celetar Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Eh, I'm not so much a fan of battling systems. It seems the pets we have are peaceful-looking. Ish. Unless we want to have the artists create battle-ready pets, and just separate them into something else, I don't think so.

Breeding is interesting, but there'd have to be chosen pairs that breed specifically. I couldn't make heads nor tails of either of the links, Blaise, but I'm just that tired right now. Mehhh.... I do think that breeding would be easier, though, as, for example, we could use the two cats we have currently. The sand and the purple. They could be bred to create... a purple sand cat?

Or something.
Celetar
Celetar

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoneyes Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 am

I was thinking for the breeding system that something like hybrids would be nice (yeah, I like to put more work on myself and the other artists apparently).
For istance we could have something like this:

Breeding pets with the same lineart and species (eg: two of my cats): a offspring with the same lineart and species, and the markings are a mixture of the two parents'.

Breeding pets with the same species (eg: cats) but different linearts (eg: a cat with my linearts and a cat with Zajux's linearts): a offspring with 50% chance of either linearts, and markings that are a mixture of the two parents'.

Breeding pets with different species (eg: a cat and a dragon): a offspring which is a hybrid, has linearts of its own and markings that are a mixtured of the two parents'.

Of course the 3 types of breeding would have different conditions to be requested, either different number of Wild Bucks spent for the breeding or longer waiting time between one breeding and the other (eg: the first case every 2-3 weeks, the second case every 4-6 weeks, the third case every 3 months).
dragoneyes
dragoneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 am

Yea, I don't like the battling system either, but what about the members? We can't only think of us. Laughing
You couldn't make heads or tails of the links...? What? xD Sory, I'm slow this morning.

Haha, that would be a neat idea, dragon! But the hybrid thing is going to get complicated sooner or later. Eh, at least it would be fun, right?
Blaise
Blaise

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoneyes Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 am

The best thing would be probably to "release" and make the hybrids available at our own pace like it happens on Aywas, so that we don't get buried by a bazillionth different requests and we have to make 19723198739187213 different linearts all at one time. Once the linearts are made, it would basically be the same as handling a normal breeding since we have to make the mixed markings in any case.
XD oh and of course I'm talking for myself here, if any of the other artists have something to say about this idea just say it!

Also there is still the possibility of starting with a normal breeding system, seeing how it goes and then decide after that if adding the hybrids too.
dragoneyes
dragoneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by BeL0VED Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

This would take a LOT of work if we start to have more members.
Just throwing it in there.
Though, I agree dragon about 3 choices, but maybe choice number 3 is little overboard? I mean we now even have line arts for snakes... and seals...

BeL0VED

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Hmm, I no nothing about the battleing system but on the breeding level? I think it would be a pretty cool idea but (Yes o.o I always come in with a but ;D) I think it might be a good idea to have "compatible" animals, so like for instance. A cat breeds with a cat, NOT a dog. o-o' I think a Cat-Dog would be weird anyways. And what if (Still on compatibility) users could only breed an animal once the animal was full grown? o.o And we would probably need some type of limit on the amout of times you can breed pet(s), this way nothing gets to far out of hand. o3o'

XoXo:Rain:OxOx
Rain
Rain

http://SSSWarriorCats.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm

dragoneyes- Good idea, good idea.
BeLOVED- Not really, they will only be able to breed a certain amount of pets before breeding again so that kind of makes it easier. Plus, they will need to find another pet, with the same breed but different 'coat', to breed with and that other person has to agree.
Rain- O.o Well of coarse the animal has to be full grown. XD Hmm, just let me explain below.
Full Explanation of Whats Going to Happen: Need more info? Just ask please
1) There will be slots like an art shop for each WS artist and if a certain artist wants to do a 2nd gen hybrid, go right ahead. I'm not making you.
2) A user can only breed 2 times a month.
3) The adoptable that a user wants to breed with HAS to be full growth.
4) If the user wants to breed a certain breed of anima lwith another breed, the artist who allows this' slots are open and it meets the artists' criteria of breeding 2 diff. breeds, then the user is allowed.
5) This is what the breeding system is going to be like.
Blaise
Blaise

Back to top Go down

Post by BeL0VED Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Okay cool.
Smile
I likes.

BeL0VED

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 am

o3o Awsomesauceness
Rain
Rain

http://SSSWarriorCats.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum